Just sayin’ a little more
Ten ways to make yourself miserable as an artist or craftsman:
1) Constantly compare yourself to other artists.
2) Talk to people about what you do and expect them to get it.
3) Base your success on one piece, design or project.
4) Stay in your comfort zone.
5) Undervalue yourself, your experience or your knowledge
6) Allow finical return to be the most important indicator of your success.
7) Do only work that other people will like.
8) Allow others to dictate what you make.
9) Convince yourself that you will eventually get the time to do what you really want to do.
10) Set unachievable goals.