Been there, done that?

I hate chain emails, the junk that friends forward to everyone in their address book. But one I got the other day is an exception. When you see the photo in it, you’ll understand why.

The single most annoying feature of modern technology is, without doubt, the “Forward” button. When I become King of the World, people will be required to take a test (which I will administer and judge) before the forward button on their email is activated. Their use of this button will be monitored (by me) and any abuse of said button will be punishable to the extreme. Especially if this button is used to send political [expletive] I couldn’t possibly care less about.

However, I got a forwarded political email from one of my friends who apparently has nothing to do all day other than forward political email. That one appealed to the frustrated woodworker in me. Take a look at the photo in the email:

The “clever” tag line with the photo was “… and they had a [candidate name] bumper sticker, and these people VOTE!!!” (The all-caps and multiple exclamation points were the sender’s, not mine, which will be another punishable crime when I become KotW.) But never mind the stupid political aspect of the email; the photo is wonderful in a been-there, done-that sense.

I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve had to overload my car with supplies. Not, perhaps, to the extent of the car in the photo, but there have been times when I’ve felt pretty stupid on the drive home. And I’d be willing to bet that most of you have had a moment like that as well.

The moral of the story here is that no matter how dumb you feel when you’ve done something like this, always remember there’s someone out there even dumber. And that person probably forwarded an email about it.

COMMENTS

1. Ralph J Boumenot wrote:

I’m always happy to see someone who has done something more stupid than what I did.
    ralph

2. Bruce Huff wrote:

There is no cure for stupid

3. Rich wrote:

“that person probably forwarded an email about it”

A-Men.

How many times do we think, “Nobody is that stupid” but yet we have the picture or video to show the world.

Yes, I’ve seen the picture before along with many others and the NITS thought always seems to pop into my head.

4. Gene Durkin wrote:

At first I thought this picture was a hoax. It isn’t. However, your gullibe friend forwarded an email that used it as part of a hoax. The picture was taken in 2000. The supposed bumper sticker was from the 2008 presidential election. See http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp for the full story. It’s great. What’s your friend’s email address? I’ve got a Nigerian money transfer proposal for him.

5. Jon Walpole wrote:

I don’t think I’ll loan my vehicle to this guy.

6. A.J. Hamler wrote:

Gene: Yep, you’re right. I love Snopes and had already checked out the image. My gullible friend wouldn’t be interested in the Nigerian money transfer proposal unless it fit his particular far-wing politics.

I, on the other hand, could really use the cash so send it to me.